Monday, April 26, 2010

The End of an Era



This week is my last week as a college student.

It's been an interesting ride, especially the past few weeks as I went to my last class, last RUF, last Noonday, last choir concert and practice, last weekend with my roommates....

It's so hard to believe that I've accomplished what I've been working toward the past four years. It's a little surreal. This last semester has been the best by far. The Lord has blessed me beyond measure. I've learned so much, made so many encouraging friends, and got to experience new places.

In a few days, I will be returning home. I have no plan at all as to what I'll be doing for at least the next year or so. It seems God is calling me to fully trust Him in the job-seeking department. He's never let me down before, and I know He won't now. It's just so hard knowing that the world expects me to have it all worked out and I don't. But I know that the life I'm living is not mine anymore. It has been bought with the blood of Jesus, and I have died. It is Christ that lives in me.

So... my future consists of wholly trusting God to reveal to me the good works He has prepared in advance for me. My life's goal is to glorify God - not to make a six digit salary. I will not give in to the pressures of the world. I have much higher things to live for.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment