Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection Power

Dear readers, I would like to share with you some Good News. On this day, I celebrate the death and resurrection of a Man who took my sins upon His guiltless head and made Himself a sacrifice to atone for my debt to God. He did this not only for me, but for the whole world (1 John 2:2). That means you too may enjoy this freedom! We have a Savior who died but now lives in us (Galatians 2:20)! That is the power of the resurrection.

This morning I visited the church of my aunt and uncle. It being Easter Sunday, there was a full house. I'd imagine that at least a fourth or more of the people there were not believers. What a great opportunity to present the Gospel! However, and I hate to say it, the message was lacking. The theme in the message was "Resurrection Power," yet I didn't once hear the pastor define or expound on this power, but only say that we need it in our lives. While I do wholeheartedly agree with this statement, I could only apply it through what knowledge I have already, knowledge an unbeliever would not have.

That is why I wanted to write this little blog. To explain what power the resurrection holds for us. We are all sinners who fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and deserve death, but have been given a free gift to receive life instead (Romans 6:23)! That gift is what I mentioned earlier. God graciously sent His Son to receive the punishment of our sin, to die on a cross. He died, but now He is alive and living in us! That is the power of the resurrection!

Friends, if you are in Christ, rejoice! Your sins are forgiven and on this day you celebrate the life of your Savior. However, if you have yet to receive God's forgiveness, acknowledge His presence in your life and relinquish control to Him. He offers peace and freedom from death. He's already paid the price! You simply say, "Lord, I know I am a sinner and deserve death, and there is nothing I can do to reach you except through Jesus. I give my life to you."

Celebrate the Resurrection Power today! Rejoice and give praise to the Living God!
Sola scriptura, Sola fide, Sola gratia, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment