Wednesday, March 31, 2010

MGMT's Congratulations

So here it is folks. MGMT's latest video has been released from their new album.

I've listened to the leaked album a few times on the band's website (http://www.whoismgmt.com), and I really like a few of the songs. For example, Congratulations and It's Working have some neat, beach rock vibes cruising through them. Others, however I'm not too sure on. Lady Dada's Nightmare, an instrumental track that Andrew was quoted as being about having sex with Lady Gaga, is weird enough on it's own. Furthermore, it reminds me of this Halloween CD my parents used to play to scare the kids in our neighborhood. I'm going to reserve full judgment, though, until I've listened to it driving (it's the best listening environment for me) and have let everything sink in.

Flash Delirium, is what I'll leave you with. Overall, I like it's sound. I can't really decide what it reminds me of -- kind of like a twisted version of some mod '60s movie's soundtrack. This leads me to my next point. I've included the recently released video for your viewing, uh... pleasure. It reminds me of A Clockwork Orange, a '60s movie a friend used to talk about all the time, and that I only saw the last half of one time on television. It was about a criminal who had been conditioned to feel extreme pain whenever he thought about committing an evil act. Sounds weird, I know, but you just wait til you watch the video I posted. I'm going to go ahead and warn you: it is super trippy, and those with a history of epilepsy might want to refrain from watching it.

I would love opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment