Friday, March 26, 2010

Oh, Boys

So I have been meaning to update since Monday night, but have yet to find the time or topic of an update. Now, I have many things I'd like to discuss, but will save those for a separate post. I'll start with the most trivial and cliche.

I would just like to ponder on the minds of guys concerning girls right quickly, based on some of my recent experiences and interactions. It seems to me that many guys, especially the Christian ones, know the right girls to pursue, yet repeatedly pursue the wrong girls anyway. By "wrong" I not only mean the girls who aren't committed Christians, but also the ones who are personality or doctrinally unsuited for these guys. Furthermore, even after a guy has pursued this type of girl, and things do not work out, they seek other girls just like the one that has just left the picture, not to mention that a right girl is just beneath his nose who contains all the right qualities they think they see in the others. I guess a reasonable explanation would be the guy's fixation with personal appearance, but maybe there are other factors I'm not aware of.

Next, I would like to consider the guys who pursue the right girls, but completely screw it up (forgive my crudeness for lack of a better description). They pursue her successfully, yet when it comes down to making the pursuit into an actual relationship, they panic (I guess -- I'm not really sure what happens here) and run the opposite direction. Then, to top it all off, the guys realize they made a mistake a month or so later and try to repair whatever was left between them and the girl without any form of contact before then. I don't understand why they think a girl who respects herself would reconsider a relationship with a boy who ultimately built her up just to leave her hanging.

Okay, so my rant is over. I realize this is not really a post of substance or even an interesting post for some, but it is happening in my life, and therefore needed discussing. I would love feedback as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment