Monday, March 29, 2010

Do not put off til tomorrow what you can get done today.

I have a very blessed life. I just wanted to start off with that.

I had a lovely weekend, topped off by a fantastic trip to Nashville. Robin Pecknold completely lived up to my expectations. He is so talented, and one really can't compare any of his recordings to hearing him live. He's also adorably awkward on stage, like he's not comfortable with the attention, which I can relate to.



Now, as I end my reminiscing on yesterday, I'm left wondering when a group member will send me the rest of her part of the paper that's due tomorrow. This paper was all set up to be turned in last Thursday, yet when my group members heard that the deadline was pushed back, they decided to slack off until tonight. I had all of my stuff ready two weeks ago! It's just so frustrating working with people who are not as motivated as I am. I'm not a last minute kind of girl when it comes to assignments. I did that stuff before, and I don't like the unnecessary stress that comes with that.

I guess that will be my life lesson for the day: "Do not put off til tomorrow what you can get done today." I would say this goes for life in general and not just school work only. There's a sense of accomplishment that comes at night when you've done a good day's work. I think that's why God ordained six days of work and only one for rest and worship. God knew what He was doing. He has everything in order for us to live happy, fulfilling lives in accordance with His loving law, yet we think we know better and have to try things out our own way.

Thank you, Lord, for your patience with me.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment