Saturday, October 19, 2013

Thrift Shop

What, what, what??

No. Not that "Thrift Shop."
And after you get the song out of your head, I'll show you what I did with some thrifted beauties this evening.



I found these really pretty prints in a local shop this morning at $3 each (the frame makes them worth at least that much), and thought they'd fit well in the house. I hated the wood color though. My immediate thought was to do a white wash, so I gathered the supplies.


Nothing fancy, just a coarse-bristled paint brush and some white acrylic paint.

Then, I just lightly swept the paint on the frames to give it a dusty, antiqued look. I'm quite pleased with the results. (Sorry for the poor-quality iPhone pics.)


I think they turned out nicely, and it took all of like 10 minutes to do, start to finish. Now to decide where to hang them... and what to do with this fire place set-- that I also got for three bucks! Black metal spray paint, perhaps? Ah, well we'll see. :)


SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment