Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer

I know its technically not summer yet, but in Mississippi, it might as well be, so here is what that means to me.

Summertime means curly hair and ponytails.

Summertime means trips to the lake and lounging in friends' pools.

Summertime means waking up and putting on shorts and a t-shirt and knowing it will be acceptable attire for anywhere I want to go that day.

Summertime also means breezy, cotton sun dresses.

Summertime means soaking sun in the back yard with a good book.

Summertime means waking up from the sun streaming in my window, not an intrusive alarm.

Summertime means some new addiction (i. e. book, author, band, TV series, genre, etc...) and ample free time to indulge.

Summertime means late-night card games with my grandmother.

Summertime means cool evening runs at the park.

Summertime means randomness with my cousins.

But most importantly, summertime means time for me to take a step back, breathe, and enjoy my life.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment