Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feather Earrings and Purple Jeans

So just a quick post before I curl up in my bed and read into the wee hours of the morning.

To recap:
Been in Tupelo with the fam since Saturday.
Went thrifting/shopping Sunday. Got these lovely items. I originally planned to turn the jeans into cut-offs, but I really like them long, too. Ah, we shall see. It gets awfully hot in the 'burg, and a worn-in pair of purple cut-offs would be awesome to have in the coming months.

Worked from home Monday and Tuesday, getting some emails out, designing our new pool menus and some flyers for an upcoming dinner
In my down time, I've watched several episodes of Supernatural and a few of Glee (I've kind of lost interest, though I'm not sure why...)
Today, I played around in Illustrator, attempting to design a background for this here blog. I came up with a design I really liked (shown below) but couldn't get the right sizing or positioning. If any of my web design-inclined friends out there have any pointers, I'm all ears.

 
All in all, I'm very much enjoying my short break from classes and being home. It'll go by all too quickly, and I will once again be in full-on grad student mode before I know it. (P.S. GPA for the semester? 4.0!!! Wooo!!) Now, off to enjoy some Orson Scott Card. :)
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment