Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I didn't leave the apartment today.

Not even to go to the mail box. It was lovely.

When I finally rolled out of bed at 11:30, I planned on being really lazy and reading, watching movies, or playing video games all day. This is what I actually did:
Finished scrubbing my bathroom floor
Washed the dishes that had been in the sink since Monday
Finally unpacked from last week
Washed two loads of laundry
Vacuumed the apartment
Mopped the kitchen
Cooked a delicious make-shift taco salad with rice and salsa
Worked out (minimally, only 20 minutes of Pilates) and
Finished reading Orson Scott Card's Magic Street
All whilst listening to a lot of Fleet Foxes and Avett Bros
And the night isn't over. I still plan on getting in a movie before bed. I feel like I've done a lot today, despite my not venturing out of doors. Maybe I didn't really do all that much, but since I woke up unambitious, anything I did felt like an accomplishment. Hey! Maybe I should wake up with that mindset every morning. Then every day would be a success compared to the low standards of achievement I'd set for myself... or maybe not. ;)
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment