Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Growing Up

It's August. That means most of my friends will be heading back to school in a few weeks, and my cousins will be starting in a few days.


I don't go back this year.

I thought I would be sad about it when it finally rolled around. I thought I might feel like I was missing out on the fun of new classes, roommates, and all of the randomness at friends' houses, but honestly, I'm not. I will miss the socialization, but I am so very glad to be done with school. I'm happy I don't have to buy ridiculously over-priced text books. I'm happy I won't have to trek a mile across campus to arrive dripping with sweat to my classes. I won't have homework, and I'll have no more stress over silly classes required for graduation that barely qualify as remotely helpful to any future career I might have.

I'm ready to work. I'm ready to contribute all of the knowledge and skills I've acquired to an organization that appreciates them. I'm ready to get paid for my input, not paying to learn others views and ways of doing things.

My life is taking a whole different turn, and I finally feel like I'm ready to meet it head on.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment