Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm taking up knitting

I figured I needed to learn something practical to keep myself busy, so yesterday I checked out two books from the library and went by Hobby Lobby to pick out yarn and get knitting needles. So far, I've learned to cast on, and my first feat, hopefully, will be a scarf. If it turns out well, I plan on knitting a bunch of them as Christmas gifts. We shall see. My next practical/domestic endeavor I think shall be quilting.


Completely unrelated to knitting, I'm headed to Hattiesburg tomorrow to scope out apartments. I'm getting a bit excited about moving and doing things on my own for a while. It even felt neat booking the hotel. That was a grown-up experience I hadn't had before. I will also get to check into the hotel by myself for the first time tomorrow afternoon. Gah! I'm so old!

Oh, also, it looks like I'll be doing a bit more voice recording work, this time for PowerPoint slides. This is really such a blessing since funds were going to be a tad tight for buying grad school supplies, i.e. a MacBook. I'm excited to do work related to my major again, too. Thus, lots of new and exciting things happening in my life right now. May I be brave enough to face them all.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment