Thursday, December 2, 2010

Confession

For those of you who know me, it's no surprise my obsession with Lord Of The Rings. I watch the movies many, many times of year. A while back, I blogged my discovery that I have a tendency to watch them when I'm depressed. Well, I also get the urge to watch them during holidays, specifically Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know why exactly, but on days when it's cold out and I don't have anything much to do, my go-to movie selection is LOTR. Oh, and I just don't pick one and watch it and that's the end. They turn into marathons, watching the trilogy back to back, sometimes lasting a week.

While I'm sure you find this interesting, it's not what I wanted to confess. I'm currently in one of my marathon viewings, and finished the second disc to The Return of the King last night. Though I love these movies dearly, there's a whole section of the film I've never seen, nor do I want to see. Two words: Shelob and arachnophobia. Yes, I'm deathly afraid of spiders, they are creepy and move weird and have too many legs; therefore whenever Frodo goes into the cave, I cover my face, leaving enough space to view a corner of the TV so I know when all's safe again.

Yes, I'm weird.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment