Wednesday, December 29, 2010

So... I got my hair cut.

It was getting REALLY long, and I'm pretty sure most of my ends were split in thirds. I was tired of spending five minutes in the shower just rinsing the shampoo out, and now that it's gotten colder, I was definitely not loving that if I wanted to blow-dry it, I had to make sure I had an hour to spare.

So, I got off work a bit early yesterday and just popped in the salon to see if someone could squeeze me in. I didn't even think twice when I sat down and told the lady I wanted six inches cut. I thought that would leave it long enough that I could still put it in a ponytail, all the dead ends would be taken care of, and all the layers that had grown out weirdly would be gone. I didn't ask for anything other than face-framing layers to be put back in. It looked decent. It was for sure shorter, but my hair looked healthy again.

Well, yesterday my hair was straight. Today, I let it curl after washing it, and now it's a shapeless mass that hits right below my shoulders- a drastic difference from my mid-back. Okay, shapeless mass may be an exaggeration. It really isn't that bad. I think I'm just in shock. My new, short-haired self saw my reflection and forgot about all those good reasons I had to get it cut in the first place and wanted long locks cascading over my shoulders (not that it did that before I cut it anyway, but short-haired self also must be living with some delusions.)

Anyway, all this is just me saying I miss my long hair. I've reassured myself, though, that because of my super hair-growing abilities, it'll probably be the length it was before I had it cut in about oh... two or three months. I still think I may go back and have layers put back in.

SDG

1 comment: