Thursday, January 20, 2011

"[The birds] neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them."

List of things accomplished today:

1. Finished 2 reading assignments (only 1 left to do before next Tuesday)
2. Applied for a job at Starbucks
3. Called and talked to a lady about tutoring her 9-year-old grandson (I'm more hopeful about this prospect, considering my experience)

While this isn't a super productive day, I'm beginning to feel a little less stressed concerning my employment status. I'm trying to trust that God will provide, and all I can do in the meantime is remain diligent with my applications, monitor and adjust my spending accordingly, and NOT WORRY. That last part is a lot easier said than done. God has provided in the past, and I trust He will do the same now. Please keep that in your prayers for me, though.

On a completely unrelated topic, I visited Southern's gym for the first time yesterday for a yoga class. I had taken a class at State that I enjoyed, but that particular class mostly utilized the poses only. The class I took yesterday was so much more focused on the practice of yoga. We began with deep breathing, eased into a sequence of poses, and ended with a relaxing savasana, during which the instructor walked around the room and massaged essential oil on our temples. It was blissful. Then we concluded the class with a namaste and a bow. That NEVER happened at State.

With that in mind, I think I'll do a Hattiesburg vs. Starkville post in the near future. I'm curious to see what the final tally would look like. Right now, I think it's leaning Hattiesburg's direction. Leave any comments if you would like to add something to the list.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment