Friday, January 14, 2011

Pessimistic Post

Today's not been my day.

Got up at 8am to go to an orientation that was completely pointless.

DirecTV install was set for today. Got a call from the guy at 9:30 who said he could come early, but I had that stupid orientation to go to, so I had to keep my original time from 12-4pm. Dude calls again at 3 and says that someone else was assigned this job. That guy calls me around 4, sees my building and was like, "Uh... we can't install here." I basically wasted an entire afternoon for nothing. I'm so mad, I don't want TV ever again.

I had to do this assessment test yesterday for some jobs I applied for. It was one of those "If-this-happened-what-would-you-do" tests. Took the test yesterday, got my results today, and turns out I didn't pass.

I did my first load of laundry in the new apartment today, stuck the clothes in the dryer, and the thing won't cut on. It had been unplugged, and it looks like the ventilation has been disconnected as well. Maintenance never showed up. I'm now in the process of putting the sheets I took off to wash, back on my bed.

However, I'm not going to let my awful Friday afternoon ruin my entire weekend. My friend Holly is driving down from Starkville as we speak, armed with green spaghetti. We are going to party it up all weekend, despite the no TV thing. Thank you, Lord, for good friends, good food, and good wine.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment