Monday, January 24, 2011

Wait for it...

I had my first real class tonight: International Advertising. It actually met for the full 2 hours and 45 minutes, which I was kind of expecting since it didn't meet last week due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Oddly enough, it went by quickly. I have to admit, I was panicking a little when my teacher went over the syllabus, but once we got into class discussions, I was good to go! All my excitement about learning and why I initially wanted to do grad school came rushing back, and all the papers looming ahead became opportunities to research a subject I love, learn about it, then compose something that expresses my acquired knowledge with that passion. (I know, I'm such a nerd.)

On a lighter note, I went home this weekend, so not much to report on. I spent most of it watching DVR-ed episodes of Supernatural. I bought some new yoga pants and this shirt:

I think it will significantly increase the effectiveness (or at least the awesomeness) of my workouts, without a doubt.

I listened to some football. Yes, listened. I was on my way back to Hattiesburg during Packers and Bears. Got back just in time for church. Was invited to a friends for gumbo (delicious!) and caught the last few minutes of Steelers vs. Jets. Also, this happened:


We were very focused on shooting the gold boxes and avoiding the black boxes. I really love the Wii. Ashley and I have about decided we will go without groceries for a month to buy one... not that I imagine I'll have much free time in the coming weeks. Still job hunting! Putting in two applications tomorrow. I'm really praying one of them will work out.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment