Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Thrifting Adventure

Sometime yesterday evening, the urge to thrift came over me; therefore, I knew exactly what I wanted to do this beautiful afternoon (I think it must have reached 60 and it's been sunny all day). So, Kat and I set out on our adventure.

First we hit up Milkspiller. Not much for clothes, but we spent well over an hour browsing books and looking at records. I left with two paperbacks: Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle In Time and A Wind In the Door. I also bought two coasters made from a Steve Miller Band and Molly Hatchet record. Kat found some really cool old books.

Then we went to Goodwill, which was just down the street. I found a bunch of really nice tops that I can wear to my new job. I also found this really cute lightweight denim skirt, but it was too big, so I had to put it back.

After Goodwill, we went to Calico Mall. It was awesome. One could literally spend hours in that place looking at all the vintage and antique stuff. I left with a Methodist Hymnal from 1989 and a yellow necklace. Kat and I, however, spent a significant amount of time trying on hats.




Here are the end results from the afternoon. I'm very pleased.


Now, I'm awaiting Kat and Josh and maybe a few others for some dinner. Such a good, good Saturday.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment