Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hello, Weekend.

My life has been pretty mundane as of late. Hence, the lack of posts. The pattern has been class, work, study, class, work, read, and class. Thank the Lord, the weekend came, though.

My cousin and his wife had their first baby Thursday, so Friday afternoon, I went to see her. She is precious.

Then, after finishing up some assigned reading Friday afternoon, I got to try my hand at disc golf. I wasn't terrible and feel like if I played more often I could be decent. Friday evening I watched Inception for the first time ever (I know, I know... but I basically lived in a bubble this summer). I don't know if it was just because I had been hearing all this hype about it, increasing my expectations, but I wasn't that impressed. After the movie, just around midnight, the urge to eat endless pancakes consumed some of us, which led us to IHOP, with plans to go to the park afterward. Well after we had stuffed ourselves, we ended up back at the apartment where we watched videos on YouTube until 2 a.m., so the park idea was abandoned.

Yesterday Ash and I lounged around the house (pancakes got angry with me and took it out on my stomach) until supper time when Kat, Josh, and Naaman came over. We ate and then headed downtown, where things like this happened. Apparently, we have an affinity for statues, some more so than others....




Now, I'm enjoying the Lord's Day, trying not to think about all that I have to do next week. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. (Matt. 6:34b). I'll have plenty of time to take care of assignments and prepare for work. No use in worrying about them now.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment