Thursday, February 3, 2011

Where I'd Like To Be

It's 33 degrees outside and sleeting. I'm bundled up in my apartment with assigned readings, coffee, and Indie music. Don't get me wrong, I'm content with books, music, coffee, and generally being lazy, but all I can think about right now is being somewhere like this.

I haven't been kayaking since October 2009. I want to be out on the water, in the sunshine, listening to the sounds of the river. I want warm weather and swimsuits. I want to feel the sun hot on my skin, penetrating to my bones. I'm trying to curb this desire by looking up places near the 'burg to paddle and by fantasizing about possible future trips. As soon as school and the weather permit, that's where I'm heading.

However, for now, there are still two chapters I want to tackle, it's still sleeting, and I need to fix some lunch.
SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment